Thursday, April 8, 2010

Love that spam...


So I have this spam-catcher on my blog, as every blogger does, to keep out the riffraff so to speak. It stops all these dumb and fake comments from appearing on my blog. To give you an idea how much spam there is, my spam catcher has nabbed 2,400 bogus comments over the past six months!!!

I used to just delete all of it but then I began reading them because, well, they're kind of funny. At its heart, this kind of spam is intended to sound semi-legitimate so it can makes its way through to the comment board where, it is hoped, someone will then click on the attached email address that leads one to a board full of spam and scams.

Here's a few spam comments printed in their entirety. I think you'll see how bizarre they are. Enjoy:

-- I was just talking with my friend about this yesterday at lunch. Don’t know how in the world we landed on the topic actually, they brought it up. I do remember having a wonderful steak salad with sunflower seeds on it. I digress…

Me: I'm so happy for you about that salad.

-- You appear extremely informed inside your sphere.

Me: What sphere would that be?

-- Nice post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.

Me: You're welcome-ness!

-- Terrific blog, many fascinating points. I believe ten of days ago, I have seen a similar blog.

Me: And I believe of five days ago, I have seen a similar piece of spam!

No comments:

Post a Comment